Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,056 Posts
look in your phone book for a carrier that has a terminal near you. Our book has them under trucking - motor freight. Call them to find a carrier that serves both points direct. Describe them as sheet metal parts unassembled for one of the lowest classifications. You will have to pack , crate or palletize them for safe handling. You will also likely have to bring them to the terminal or pay a residential pick up charge. They will help you fill out bill of lading at terminal. Be prepared a minimum charge cross country probably starts around $100 - $150. You could also check with RPS (now Fedex Ground in some areas) if they are near you. They used to take larger pkges than UPS.
Do you know anyone that works for a company that does a lot of shipping? They could help.

John B.
Eastern Chapter Coordinator
Proud '72 "Bullnose" Driver
69,71 Commando Projects
50 Willys Jeepster
1 - 1 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.