Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back there was a website for a set of homemade revolver type shackles. I had it saved and my puter crashed last week. Lost ALL my saved sites. Does anyone out there have the url? I'm getting them back slowly, but had about 50 sites saved that have to be re-found. Thanx!
Bill

Sprungover `71 Jeepster w/ lotsa goodies /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Try the Leon Rosser site. They have some revolver-type shackles for $159 a pair. There was another site that had a design that you could make yourself. I don't have the URL but I still have the pic showing the building diagram if you are interested.

Patrick

G

·
Personally, I'd be a bit leary of Pyro's design. It put's all the stress on one bolt that was welded on. The lateral stress could break it.

preacher

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx guys! Actually I was looking for both sites .... The homemade ones and the revolver shackles. I agree with preacher about the stress, but I've been looking at making something similar using aftermarket straight shackles with the cross brace and the rear shackles from a full size chevy pickup. They won't have the revolver part, but will still work like them otherwise. I have the aftermarket ones, just need to get to the junkyard and get a set of chevy rear ones. I'll let you know how they turn out.
Bill

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right John. In fact, if you click on the rear picture of them and picture the two shackles I mentioned, you would see the resemblance. The only thing is, I can get the chevy rear shackles for $5 for the pair at a junkyard and I have a set of straight conn-fer shackles. I just have to figure out the pitch at rest and weld a brace across to stop it there. Cheap way to get the same thing, although if I had the money to spend, the Hypershackles would be on my jeepster already.
Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.