Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently added a shackle lift to my 92 Wrangler and have found it to be well worth the money. The ride quality has not deminished yet I have gained almost 2 inches (about 1.75 inches) and room for some bigger tires. I have been quite impressed and welcome any Jeep owner to do the same. It's inexpensive and the results are well worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little advice...I had a shackle lift at one time too...however, it has a few problems...first, it won't be long before you start to get a bit more 'wonder' in the front. Second, if you plan to do any off roading, you will most likely snap a front hanger off if you get into a tough trail...there is just too much leverage on that long shackle for the hanger to take.

A shackle lift is ok for on street...but at some point you will want to go with a real lift. Depending on how much you want, you can go with either new springs or a Spring Over Axle (SOA). Look back through some of the old posts and you will see LOTS of info on it.

Good Luck

John......southern CA
84CJ7,3"lift,32"BFG,4.11's,ARB,Solid Axle's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.