Off Roading Forums banner

Seperating Intake and Exhaust Manifolds

338 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  OFFroadMUDpunk 
#1 ·
Hey,
I'm closing in on the 4.0 head swap and I am ready to put my intake manifold on it. I am using the stock intake manifold from an 87 258.
I may be showing my inexperience, but there is a tube running from the intake manifold to the exhaust manifold. I was wondering what it was, and if I still needed it. There is no place on my cherokee exhaust manifold (which im putting on my 4.0 head) to bolt this tube. Plugging it with a bolt was my first instinct (probably not a good one) so I thought I would ask first.
Thanks,
Joe

#3 ·
Do I need the egr valve with this swap. If I do how do I make it work with the exhaust manifold. Drill and weld a bung? Also do I need the 02 sensor? Emissions isnt an issue in the county I live in.

G
#4 ·
It is for the EGR valve....
It's a crime to modify the emissions equipment on your vehicle....but, then again, your live in Tennessee....I doubt anyone is smart enough to tell the difference...(just kidding....couldn't resist)
You can get by without it......

O2 sensor depends on what carb you are using....if you still have the BBD, you will need the o2 for it to work right. But it sounds like your building a violation on wheels...so it's a mute issue.....

Just don't try to sell your jeep in another state....

#5 ·
you dont need that tube if you can get it out cut the pipe and ream the end over and put a weld on it if you can if you cant it will be fine that is how i have mine set up
i dont have my o2 sensor hooked up but im runing a weber carb so its does not really need it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.