Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article in a magazine, standing in Wal-Mart, forgot who makes the lift. I think it said the guy spent almost a year and like 1,600 hours engineering the thing, but the lift is stronger than the original frame. He makes a 6" one for fitting 44's and an 8" or 9" one for fitting 49" IROKs. I've found these two pictures:

· Registered
19 Posts
That lift goes for about 7 grand (!) for the kit, uninstalled. Estimated time to install from the manufacturer is 24-30 hours.

If you are still interested, drop me a Private Message if you want the contact info. I don't want to post it without getting the dude's permission...

-Manny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just interested in a website or some other pictures, like the whole process and what not. The little blurb left me very curious. I wish I had an H1 though to consider working on. I wonder if his kit will work on the new Alphas...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey can you re-post those pictures you found of the lifted hummer h1's
for some reason they are not showing on my computer
thanks, very curious

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Old site must've went down...

That's all I got right now. Maybe hmcoleap can find a few of the ones he's seen.

· Registered
19 Posts
There will be an article about a new entry to the suspension lift market for H1's coming out very soon on offroad.com - look for it in the April issue.

The other pictures that used to be here were from Jack Auston Fabrication - he does not have a website, however. The web forum on the HML (http://www.humvee.net) has some posts from Jack a.k.a. "jafab", and some threads with pictures of his truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.