Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my RE 4.5\" leaf packs, anyone ???

These are the RE/Tomken 4.5" leaf packs, no sagging whatsover. The only reason I'm selling them is because they are meant for XJ's that have a heavy bumper or load on them such as spare parts, tools, roofrack..whatever. I rarely carry a load so I'm going to sell them. $150 for the pair, new centerpins, bushings in good shape... let me know.

G

·
Re: Selling my RE 4.5\" leaf packs, anyone ???

how much do you think it would be to ship them all the way out to california?

G

·

You say re Tomken Just wondering are they the same springs i have? SCRAm

G

·

what did they run mine were a ton of money. I am not sure but i know over $400 for sure and I have 6" out of them rite now. I would say if they are the same somebody is getting a deal bro. What will you run now? SCRAm

G

·

how much do you really think that will give me in the back? i was thinkin like about 5 or 5.5

G

·

well im off to replace some u-joints before i jet to pismo. aj just give me an email and i'll get back to you, i'll get back on sunday evening, i aprieciate it alot, everybody have a great 4th!!! peace!!!

G

·

I may sell mine too If i go with the Rock ready ones but man they work so good! SCRAm

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

AJ- with your fabrication skills I think a rear coil conversion would be almost easy for you. Some 'Up-Country' Grand Cherokee front coils perhaps?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Well you're more confident in my skills than I am that's for sure! I've thought about it and have saved every pic I can find of those who have done a coil conversion, I'm just not sold on how much is to actually gain by doing this. I mean the leaves are there, pretty simple setup. Doing coils is more links to wear out, would probably ride better and flex a little better...grrrr..

To tell you the truth I was thinking of building a long arm kit front and back. Build a central crossmember/skid in the middle where both sets of arms would be located to. I bet those springs you mentioned would be about perfect for the rear in terms of spring rate, do you know the length of them? (measuring...)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

I would take them AJ, but I have no money...Wanted to get Scrams lift from him when he gets rid of it, but I have no money...wow thats bad to say...maybe when the time comes I might...andy

G

·

I have never herd anything good about rear coils on an Xj but AJ can figure something out I am sure. Good Luck Man. SCRAm

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

The only info I could find on ZJ front coils is a 200 lb/in rate. However they didn't specify which year, engine, or application it came out of
The rear springs on my Comanche are 240 lbs/in.
I also know that on a Grand Cherokee, swapping the front springs (I-6 non-Up-Country springs) to the rear gives a 3" lift...
I would assume (and we know what that makes ya!) that the tallest, stiffest front springs for a Grand Cherokee (V-8 Up-Country springs) would give an XJ about 4-5" of lift in the rear.
I also know that you can pick them up for $50 a pair (plus shipping) from certain junkyards on the internet that specialize in Jeep parts.
You should really look into using greasable 3-point-hitch joints that can be found cheaply at any farm & tractor store. These look and work much like heim joints and can take quite a beating! I know of at least one Jeep that uses these as part of his rear shackle mounts. The same person runs that Jeep in tough-truck contests and has multiple-rolled it without damage to said mount.
Here's a link to his website

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.