Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to order new seats for my CJ-7. Does anybody know of a seat that sets lower I'm tall and with my stock seats Ii all most rub my head. Just looking for basic high back seats thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I recently purchased Bestop TrailMax Sport seats. They are very comfortable and offer lots more support than my original CJ seats. I can tell you that they definitely sit higher than the factory seats, probably an inch at least. My factory seats were completely worn out, so it took a while for me to get used to them, but now I think they are great and I don't mind the extra height because I am only 5'10". I don't know if the other manufacturers seats add the amount of height that the Bestop ones do, but I don't recommend Steel Horse's seats. My friend has their "best" seats and they look like crap after only a couple of years, most of the items that could fall off have. If there is way to address the height issue than the Bestop seats would be great for you.

TOM85CJ7

1985 CJ7 4.2L, T-176, Dana 300, 2.5" lift, 32"BFG MT, Durabak On-Board Air

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are using stock seats, the only way to get lower would be to modify the mount. You could permenantly mount to the floor, or modify your slide mount. If you are the only one driving, I would go for the permenant mount with appropriate height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.