Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I made mine, one of them anyway. In fact, the passenger's corner is the good one I didn't redo. It'd be kinda hard to get off there in one piece or I'd offer it to you. It does look funny though, with one corner diamondplated and the other not. It's literally the only piece that's not at least 1/8".

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
You're talking about the part nearest the outer corner, on the inside, that goes from the floor pan and angles upward? I made it out of 1/8" diamonplating in 3 sections, the side, top, and angled piece. I test fitted all the pieces before welding them in. I don't think they look bad at all. I can post a pic if you'd like.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've got a partial tub left that's going under 'the knife' that I'll give him the corner out of. I actually thought of him when I started cutting up the tub over the weekend because I almost bought the tub that he's repairing...got a nasty stare from my wife whne I mentioned buying it, so I backed down. Ended up with this conglomeration instead:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am using the tub from a guy in Missouri. When I bought my Scrambler the original tub was a rotted mess. The Scrambler came with another tub from Memphis. I sold the rotten one for $600 and I am working on the good one from Memphis.

Jeepn-I would like to see a pic of your handywork if you have the time.

Thanks,

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am using the tub from a guy in Missouri. When I bought my Scrambler the original tub was a rotted mess. The Scrambler came with another tub from Memphis. I sold the rotten one for $600 and I am working on the good one from Memphis.

Jeepn-I would like to see a pic of your handywork if you have the time.

Thanks,

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts