Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1981 soon to hit the market. Excellent frame/body. Bestop and half hard top included. No rust/rot/or bondo anywhere. Tub is herculined. New radiator, fuel tank, brakes. Rebuilt motor and tranny (258,SR-4). Everything works. It appears to have a 4" lift and the tires are 33's with I'm guessing about 60% tread. It's got outstanding oil pressure and runs like a raped ape. The only thing stopping it from running like a scalded dog is I feel the gears are high for the rubber installed. I have no idea the ratio and lack the ambition to figure it out. It's took me about 4 years off and on to get this thing rebuilt and then the usual new wife/baby/dog story, so it's going to go. The only things I'm going to still do is fix up the exhaust and give it a good undercoating.

The only two issues I know of is the seats. Drivers side is bit on the sad end, and I had to fab some of the seat mounts, and goobered up the measurements I guess because I had to shim them. Or maybe I'm just goofy because I didn't like the angle they sit. In any case I shimmed the bottoms to make the seats sit in a fashion that I liked.

What's the going rate these days for this kind of junk?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I have no Idea of the value of that CJ is in your area. But I wanted to say, nice work. That is a beautiful machine. There is a soft spot in my heart for Scramblers, and you have a real nice one there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

What's the going rate these days for this kind of junk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well....Like you said "junk"! I'll give you $1000 to get it it of your way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Really, it's nice. They seem to sell for anywhere from $6000-10000 depending on overall condition and how well it was restored. And I have seen really nice ones go for crazy money around $15000 and higer. But, those are ones that have been restored to like new condition or they are still in great shape and all original. So, it's really hard to say. You just have to hope that the right person looking for a Scrambler comes along while you are trying to sell it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.