Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask those scrambler fans out there a question. a few weeks ago I dropped a question about scrambler vs jeep truck, got some good feed back, although I can't remember who gave me the Idea, I found a wagoneer this weekend,, body trash, but frame and running gear intact. just curious if anyone had any Idea how much modifying it would require to get the best of both worlds and add a scrambler body to that frame.. anyone have any ideas whear I can get my hands on the tech mesurements for the scrambler??

95 Wrangler mostly stock, but Seeing what we can do about that...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for some reason I think a scrambler would be to short for a good tow truck????
UNLESS you could do a fifth wheel type of thing.????

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i didn't reply to the last CJ-8 vs. Jeep truck because i thought the same thing as the others.
a "J-20 would be the way to go".
now i also drive a scramber (my wife's), the wheelbase being alittle longer makes it drive more like a short/short bed truck than a jeep.
Now i was considering turning it into my tow vehicle. (tow a trailer w/YJ) i debated swapping in 1-ton everything, and decided it still wouldn't drive/tow like a "Real 1-Ton" truck.
My plan is to make a tow vehicle out of a "Chevy Truck"/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif i'm thinking a flatbed (my wife won't want to drive it/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif) and just run 2WD so i won't be tempted to Uh, test it.

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.