Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can pick up a set of scout axles that are in a '77 Scout with disc brakes and a v8 eng. I hope the axles are 44's.
the other set are sitting in a shed, The only info. I can get, is that they came out of a Scout that a v8 and disc brakes and only 1800 miles.
Is there any markings or stamps that can help me to determan if they are44's or not.
Thanks For All Your Help

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If it's from a late '70's scout all is well. That's all they used to my knowledge. However, there should be a "44" cast into the main diff casting somewhere on one of the webs. If you need more info, I got two sets & I can check & tell you exacty where -- but I have heard that this location varies.

'80 CJ7
'84 CJ7
'76 Scout
NRA Life
Join the NRA!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On most Dana 44s there is a 44 cast into the lower right rib if looking at the pumpkin straight on. Also the rear is definitly a 44 so by comparing the size of the pumpkins it should be obvious if the front is a 44 or a 30 Good LUck
Travis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out this site:

http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/faq/axles.html

Basically, '75 & up used the 44 w/disks. '74 was a transition year, about 30% D30 used. Also, I believe every Scout D30 I've seen had drums? Granted, IH mixed & matched alot, so I wouldn't bet on it.

John

'80 CJ7
'84 CJ7
'76 Scout
NRA Life
Join the NRA!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for your help, I will take your info, with me when I hit the autowreckers this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.