Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
scout and fsj t 18 q\'s

I might have found one heck of a scrap yard!nothing but jeeps,old broncos and scouts with a few chevys,anyways,There are two jeep pick-ups:79 with the 360 and eight-lug wheels and four speed trannys.And two scouts one 78 with a v-8 four speed and a t-case that has the same shift pattern as a dana 300,I think it said traveller on the side.The other scout was a 79 with a slant4! a four speed and the same t-case as the other one.

Now!is there anything good for a 76 cj5 in there?

Ben

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Re: scout and fsj t 18 q\'s

get the tranny and Tcase from the 79 Jeep truck, remove 15 inch input shaft, put on shorter shaft ( about $200, i think, from sources such as Parts Mike)

and youll have it!

OzarkJeep
NW Arkansas

G

·

hey, you found lots of good parts, chances are you did not find a dana 300 unless some one swapped it in. Only the 1980 scout has dana 300 these are easy to spot they have square headlights. You did find dana 44's almost all the scout II have dana 44's front and rear.
good luck,jjc

G

·

If 4 speed in scout gotta be t18 ,better grab quick or send me add. Better check all, possibly hit oil

BRADCO JEEPS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.