Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WAHOOOOO
Just picked up my new ride on Saturday. I traded my '91 Sammy (BabyJeep) plus a $1000 CDN
for my new ride. It's a '83 SJ-410
I know your thinking I got ripped off. Well here's the story. I traded BabyJeep minus my 31's on 2" BS rims and fastback hard top for the 410. The 410 has a complete Toy running gear and axles. So what you think eh not too much about that? Well the motor's a HP 22R with a ported 20R head plus a tourquer camshaft in it. It gets fuel from a rebuilt Weber carb and the exhaust is exited by a brand new header and exahust. While the fuel is in the cylinders it get's ignited by a brand new MSD ignition system
The power is transferred to a basically stock drivetrain until it gets to the axles(I'll be installing my Duel crawler tcases into it later). The power turns a brand new set of 5.71 gears on a welded front and rear centre sections. The diffs are suspended by a set or 4Runner rear leaves up front and new 2" lift CJ fronts in the rear(I'll be changing them to a set of YJ's real soon). To keep the welded front from breaking my arms I turn the wheel with a Nissan P/S box connected to a Toy P/S pump set-up and low steer X-over steering system (new as well)
To keep the wife and I comfortable we sit on a set of Supra seats listening to a new $350 CD player. To keep the rain off of our heads we sit under a brand new Best Top soft top. When it's nice out I can put on the new Bikini top as well

Not bad I think for a trading a vechicle I paid $150 CDN for

Oh and to top off things I also picked up anther '83 410 for $400. The body is in MINT condition. I mean no rust at all I could find. The motor smokes and the rear end clunks but body wise it's perfect. It was his parts rig for the Beast but I already have everything lined up to put it back on the road in fine style

Well that was my news for the day.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
so is the person you bought it from reading this posting?
sounds like you picked up a really good deal...
what did your old rig have done to it, that he got?

see good deals are out there.... enjoy...
and do you have any pictures of it?

thanks

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Nothing beats the character of the old 410s. I bought one and stripped it down for parts. In retrospect I wish I'd kept it and built it, especially since there are so few around here.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rich for the compliment. As a matter of fact he was happy I got it because he knows I will finish it and wheel it instead of someone else parting it out. I basically watched him build it up so I know what is in it and what needs to be done. As for the trade he turned around and sold my '91 to my good friend for $1300 so he still made money off of the deal. Baby jeep was basically stock with a 3" body lift and 2" AAL so there wasn't much to it.
Hopefully these pics are small enough to post. This was when he was building it this spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Is that a Mustnag GT hoodscoop? I've been wanting to put one on mine for a while. They look soooo cool!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup but it makes the hood heavvvvvy. plus he had to take the tie-down for the window off.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Those are trailer fenders from Princess Auto.. tghey are $10 on sale most of the time!!!!
I was thinking of using them myself but cut in half and plated on the inside to bolt to body...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ding ding ding that's exactly what they are. I'm going to look for some YJ flares for the rear for it. I'm also going to change the color to OD greem

G

·
Big bear,I like your new rig.Are the pictures recent ones do you still have snow on the ground?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL up in Canada there's always snow on the ground and we live in Igloo's
LOL just kidding. These shots were taking in early May whe we were still getting snow and my friend was still building the zuke. And thanks for the complement.

Adam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.