Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so its not as cool as Rockrats, But tomorrow I go to Lala land and pick up a Vertical Mill.

It's an old Clausing/Atlas with a 24" bed. I'ts suposed to be "very tight" and It should complement my
12x36 Craftsman/Atlas Lathe nicely I think!

You can see it HERE

I'm taking it off the base and going to tow my travel trailer unloaded down to low box trailer. (all hitched up,
waiting for me to go tomorrow.) All it needs is a heavy 1/2 sheet of ply to spread the load on the floor.

(Can you tell I'm pumped?)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mud, It listed a set of 6 collets. I belive its got an MT2 taper, which is what the tailstock on my
lathe, so the relevent tools from that fit, like the jacobs drill chuck. I have a brand new 1/2
Hardinge collet as well so if thiers is toast, thats covered. It belongs to his father and he
mentioned that his father may have some other stuff, So i'll take a little extra cash in case its
a deal also.

RR, I hadn't gotten that far with my thinking, but yes, I think a DRO is in its future, that and
possibly a power feed!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm Baaaack!

Yep I do!
Actually what really sucked was driving to LA yesterday, Sleeping in the zuk till they
were up. loading it into the trailer, driving home (one unplanned stop to replace a busted fan belt
just after the Altamont pass...), All in about 25 hours... Got home about 2:30 this afternoon. My 2
oldest wern't even home from school yet!.

With Justin's help we moved a bunch of stuff out of the garage to clear a home for it, putting
some of that stuff (mostly zuk parts) into the parts tintop. Placing the machine, and then
replacing the stuff remaininjg back into the garage. i just got out of the shower and now its raining,
so I guess it's a good thing I didn't wait untill tomorrow!

I'l post some pics when I get a chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.