Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an old freind came over in a late 70s/80sih Dodge van that had been converted to 4x4.

it had coils in the front, some strange locating bar setup, and a dana 44 with the passenger side knuckle highsteer, bolt on arm.

5 lug pattern

the drivetrain is Ddoge V8,727,np203 ( I guess full time Iron case)

the rear axle is 5 lug, with an oval pumpkin, maybe a corp Dodge, or somtehing.

any way, there was some pretty cool engineering on that front axle setup, Ill get some pics next week, Im going to reweld his shift linkage for the Tcase, it keeps breaking for some reason.

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looked fabbed, but Im not much of a dodge guy, what were rthe factory specs in 81?

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...

G

·
I think some company custom 4x4 vans buy. I think I saw a show on tv about them.

93 xj rustys 3"
79 cj-7
77cj-5

·
Registered
543 Posts
might have been a quigley conversion. they've been converting vans to 4 wheel since the mid seventies. they used to do the big three, but i think they only do ford and chevy now.

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill get some photos and post next week.

Ive got a roll of film ive been burning of some of Jeep parts, but Ive got several more shots until its complete, in RETROspect I should have burned them on that Dodge van.

where would a serial number or name of conversion company such as "quigly" be located?

surely they are prooud enough of their worlk to put a plate or something on there?

Ill spoend more time crawling around it and checking it out.

OzarkJeep

G

·
Unless I'm sorely mistaken, factory 4x4 vans and quigley 4x4 vans use leaf springs front and rear. So if this was coil sprung...or used a lot of strange linkages...probably a homebuilt.

I Jeep, therefore I am.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts