Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAMURAE (Way OT)

Samurae, I've got a question for someone of the female persuasion. My 16 year old daughter won the coin toss concerning who gets to go with me to the Melt. Her first question was "Do they have somewhere to plug in a hair dryer?" LOL, Anyway I have no hair to speak of so I never noticed if the shower facilities have outlets. Could you answer this oh so very important question? /wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif

Scott Whitmore
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality." Dalai Lama

·
Registered
617 Posts
Re: SAMURAE (Way OT)

I don't know the answer, but there is a possible solution if they don't have 110 outlets.

I picked up a power converter from Target for about $40. Just plug it into the cigarette lighter (or straight to the battery). It has one 110 outlet. I use it to recharge my digital and video camera batteries when I'm out for multiple days.

Mark
1986 Suzuki Samurai soft-top
1999 Toyota Tacoma
http://members.home.net/marvinmartian

·
Registered
925 Posts

While I haven't been in the Womens rest room at Summers, I can say the mens does have outlets. I hope to God that they do in the womens otherwise my fiance' will skin me in some likely painful Ukrainian method. YIKEEES! I also know Porter will have a big gas generator, he may lose it to the females!

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

LOL, thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I agree, Summers does have a very nice shower facility but outlets just wern't a concern for me until now. The power converter is an excellent idea I had not thought of. Thanks again.

Scott Whitmore

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

SCOTT- TELL YOUR DAUGHTER THAT YES THEY DO INDEED HAVE OUTLETS IN THE BATHROON...BUT THAT BEAUTY TAKES A BACKSEAT TO GETTING ON THE TRAIL FOR MOST OF US LADIES...NOW IF YOU SAW ME MONDAY THRU FRIDAY...I AM A HAIR AND MAKE UP KIND OF WOMAN...WHEN IT COMES TO EVENTS LIKE THE SUKIMELT THOUGH, A BANDANA OR A BASEBALL HAT WILL DO THE TRICK TO GET THE HAIR OUTTA YOUR FACE AND KEEP YOUR NOSE FROM BURNING UP. SCOTT, ALSO REMIND HER TO BRING SOME FLIP FLOPS FOR THE SHOWER, THEY ARE CLEAN BUT WITH THAT MUCH TRAFFIC IN THEM, IT IS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. NEED ANYMORE HELP LET ME KNOW.
RAE

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks Rae, I will remind her about the flip flops. I already told her all she needed was a ball cap but you know how young ladies can be. I'm just glad to have her with me. Thanks.

Scott Whitmore

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

scott-show her this photo. It is of me on Drummond Island last year..you can clearly see my nasty wheeling baseball hat. Tell her being clean it what counts monday-friday on the weekend you just try not to stink too much as to offend others. SUNSCREEN is a must too. I carry SPF 50 in the truck. You do not want to get burnt up on the first day and spend the rest of the weekend miserable. AND tell her I said C-ya there.
Rae
Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts

Hate to be picky, but.........a converter changes ac to dc. An INVERTER changes dc to ac. You can pick up a 300W inverter for about $40-50. They are very handy to carry around. I have one that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket, and I also bought a plugin the other day at Harbor Freight that has clamps to clip to the battery terminals with a 12' cord. You can run drills, tv's, and hair dryers with these things.

Larry Robertson
88.5 Samurai-Under construction-always
90 Samurai-Under construction-always
97 Suzuki Sidekick Sport-Wife's ride
Way too much horsepower is barely enough!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

SCOTT,I have a 300 watt-120 volt inverter in my zuke,if that will run the hair dryer,your daughter can use it,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Rae, I'm trying to place your face to your name. I'm betting we met last year. Were you and your husband down from Michigan with Jodie and his wife at last years Melt?

Larry, thanks for clearing that up. I need to get one to charge the video cam.

Rick, Thanks for the offer. I can just see her dying of embarrasment at doing her hair amidst folks she's never met /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Scott Whitmore

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

hahahahahahahah a 300watt hair dryer!?!?!?!?!? riiiiiiiight....
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzappppppp, powwwwww!!!!! ssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttt, smoke...... You'll need over 1KW to power a hair dryer.. Unless it is a low power unit...

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Scott- yes My husband were down from michigan with Jody and his wife Lisa. And the late night bonfires were right in front of our huge tent. Now, you got me wondering who you are...LOL!!
Rae

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Rae, Ahh, good, I know exactly who you and your husband are now. As to who I am, does this ring any bells? White zuk, full cage, folddown windshield. You and I were taking some action pic footage of a steep down hill. When the guy crested the top of the hill he pushed in his clutch and came flying down the hill sending you, I, and a bunch of folks fleeing for their lives. My tennis shoe had a blow out and I had to bungie cord it together, lol. You and your husband, Jodie and Lisa, me and my buddy Tim all ate lunch together at the tubes on Saturday as we waited for Ranger Rick and Rick Lance to get back from the Badlands snack bar. I'm usually wearing a Jeff Gordon ball cap of some sort. It is good to run into you again. We will definitely do some gabbin at the Melt.

Scott Whitmore

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Scott- for crying in the night man!!!! I remember ya now! took me a few minutes after i read that to figure ya out. I even looked at my Melt Photos from last year and looked for your truck. The bungee cord on your shoe was what reminded me of you. LOL! Well DANG good to FINALLY figure out who you are!!! Glad that Mitch and I are that easy to remember, we are combined 100lbs lighter than last year but still look the same. When are you and your daughter coming into Summer's?? We will be there Wed. afternoon. Can't wait to see ya again.
Love ya
Rae

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

shes 16?? me to!!!! hehehe send her my way!!

JK...JK...JK....JK....JK....JK!!!!!!!!

BUCK YOU!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Rae, keeping in mind that best laid plans often go awry we plan at pulling into Summers before noon wednesday. Won't be long now. Looking forward to seeing you and Mitch then. Take care and have a pleasant trip down /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Scott Whitmore

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Scott- yo uare coming from OH right? can't be that long of a drive fer ya and your daughter. We are looking at prolly an 8 hr drive. Jody and Lisa,Larry and Terrina(IZOOK)along with the MAZZOLA'S and ourselves are caravaning down together... We will be trailering and the rest of em are gonna be flat towing...thank GOD we are not driving the sucker down! Sounds like we might need to lock your girl up for the weekend!! ^^bucky's comment above^^.
Anyhow we will see ya there...less than a month away now! Mitch is working on makin a wet of half doors this morning...i am wondering on how that is turning out...so i am off to check em out
Later
Rae

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Rae, Takes us a little over 4 hours from here. Not bad at all.LOL, I don't think I will have to lock her up. She has a good head on her shoulders (Don't know how that happened)and the few dogs that have come sniffing around just up and disappeared. You folks have a safe trip and we will see you in 21 days.

Scott Whitmore
"It's not that it's able to do the job. It's that it's able to do the job so well"

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Scott- it was a bit scary how much you sounded like my father when you spoke of your daughter. My dad is a bit of a gun fanatic and it would not be out of the way for him to be cleaning a rifle in the living room when a boy came by for my sister or myself! Most of them didn't come around much after that! Except for Mitch(thank god!!) Our dad's go back 30yrs so I suppose he seemed allright to my folks!
See ya in 21!
Rae
P.S. you still got the bungee cord shoes? LOL!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.