Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for those of you who have your rig's pics at photopoint.com, they are gonna start charging 30 bones/yr. to host images, time to start looking for another free hosting site. How do I do it from offroad.com?

Kevin

'89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 four door, street glow shifter knob, 215/70R15 Mastercrafts.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
On a similar note, Homestead.com web hosting (formerly free) will start charging for the service. I'm also considering the off-road.com hosting. I'm also interested in hearing about how it is to set up here... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I didn't know they hosted, have to check that out. Right now I'm using Auctionworks, they still have free image hosting but eventually they'll charge I'm sure. As soon as these places start charging people flood to the other free ones and they get too much traffic and have to upgrade, later on they charge...it's an unending circle.

89 XJ/lots of homemade mods...

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Yeah, but you can't link to pics on Geocities anymore. All I do is upload my pictures as an attachment to a post in the "Test" forum, and link to that. Thats how my sig is done, and all the pics in my posts that don't have files attached to them.

If I only have one picture to show, I attach it to the file and choose "view your post". Then I view the pic and copy the addy, go back and edit the post with the pics addy pasted in... confuse anybody?

All those with AOL, just upload all your pictures to an AOL members homepage and link to that.

As for Geocities...I still have one large website up there (Seafarer Research Center for anyone interested in seeing it) and a couple smaller ones. I've built another computer and will run Linux and Apache Web Server on it so I can host my own domain (sycho15.com, soon to come!) and do away with all the problems I've had with Geocities (although FrontPage was really the biggest problem...)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
hey,

you can link to geocities. Thats what my sig pic is linked to. Also i use that for ALL my auctions on ebay, and have never had a problem with the pics not showing up.

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I posted a test post with an uploaded file. I linked it to my profile and this is the first post since then. Hope it works...

Kevin

'89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 four door, street glow shifter knob & 20" neons, 215/70R15 Mastercrafts.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it did work, but it sucks you can't have more than 100 kB, my old pic was much bigger. Anybody know what picture file type is the smallest kb with largest size picture? I used *.gif

Kevin

'89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 four door, street glow shifter knob & 20" neons, 215/70R15 Mastercrafts.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I hate to break it to ya, but your previous sig pic really annoyed the hell outta me.../wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Keep it short and sweet, ya know? Of course, if you go back to it I wont say anything more on the subject anyhow.

G

·
I hear ya on that one. No offense but I don't want to see you fixing the wiper blade, just a pic of the rig is enough. None of this is meant to be mean. Short and sweet is always good. Nice Jeep though, can't wait to see it with all those mods you described for the future.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh well, but it did seem kinda big. Maybe I am just TOO PROUD(can that be?) of my Jeep. I bother a lot of people sometimes, but oh well, I am alright. Like my new sig. better?

Kevin

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Much better (I see you got the good side /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif). It is even off-road a bit... I need to take some pics of my rigs when they go off-road more often. Got to get them other ones running to do that though...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That was taken trying to use up some film for selling my jetski (http://www.classifieds2000.com/cgi-cls/ad.exe?P1+C189+A0+R1745654+Q553756158by the way it's still for sale), across the street. I live on a lake, with a field across the street that people ride dirt bikes and I drive in occasionally(hehe!).

Kevin

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
LOL!! With Jeff, I have to agree. Pics are nice, but when they are preventing a download it sucks.

If I didn't have a Jeep, I wouldn't have a life.

'88 MJ SporTruck
Rebuilt 2.5L: 40 over rings, 10 on crank, 10 on bearings
nearing 400K

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.