Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me exactly how in detail this works???

G

·
you still gotta buy the rear up front kit... but i think it will be mounted in the new shackle place, as apposed to the front.

thats what i want to do, but i dont have money, and too much time, and no welder heheh.

G

·
Goot's got it.

If you have an existing shackle reversal and want a bolton solution for rear springs up front, our kit still install identical to having a shackle up front. Only instead of relocating the fixed end of the spring, you push your shackle back. The axle is not moved back though because of the relocation hardware in our kit.

You will sit a little higher when its done, but if you are SPUA, it will only be about 1/2".

If you are thinking of doing a S/R with rear springs and have not installed it yet, the warrior kit would allow rear spring installation by itself. The forward mounting system can be pushed fore or aft. To run rear springs with it, simply push the assembly forward before welding to the vehicle. The shackle would still remain in the same location on the original spring hanger.

Any other questions or if you need further clarification, please feel free to email back.

G

·
Just a question. Why would you want to run this setup? Don't get me wrong, I'm not busting on you. But a S/R is really designed to run with an arched spring.

G

·
Hrmmmm... I bought two more of the foreward rear shackles used with the Calmini s/r, weldined them to the shackle towers up front at about 20 degrees. I was not about to move my axle back even a hair with the already short wheel base on the Sam. There was a little bit of modification to the shackles towers, but nothing I couldn't do with my angle grinder. I have yet to test it on the trail, re-routing my brake lines to come down at the center of the axle housing and then run out to the wheels. Then I can drop the 2.9... almost done!

· Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pug...yep and I might to it at the Melt if I can get a few kind souls to give me a hand. My front springs are in a lovely "S" ....like a permanent "wrap".....not good...

· Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like most planned or unplanned mods, this is an interim step. My current front springs are stock but have been rearched and are losing their arch plus they have an "S" set into them. Picture the front part of the spring with a positive arch and the rear portion with a negative arch. It's like having spring wrap in a static position.....
The rears up front are longer and should improve ride quality and it's a cheap mod. I have the springs and the kit costs only $55, so this becomes a cost effective resollution to my problem....
The rear springs do have a positive arch so I'm hoping this works out for me and resovles my suspension anomolies.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.