Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone run Calmini shackle-reverse with spoa lift?How well does this work?

Bluecrawler

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everybody I have talked to says that they loved the s/r system a lot be cause it helped them with things like axle rap and gave them more control!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs

·
Registered
531 Posts
I had a Calmini 2" SR on my zook when I went SpOA, but the combined 2" with the RRO 5.5" made for a little too much binding on my front driveshaft for my liking. It was really yellin' at me when I put it in any gear other than first. And for some reason, the front was a bit taller than the back, so when I took the SR off, I left the rear Calmini shackles on (they're big, beefy, and look cool). That balanced the rig out again, and got rid of my front driveshaft problem. I was also able to bastardize my front calmini shackles into expanders. I still have the front fangs for the SR kit if anyone wants 'em. They have towbar connectors welded on them....

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, etc, etc.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
What do you want for them? I'm interested... send me an email.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts