Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of CJ springs that have been fitted with add a leaves. I was thinking that if I ever decide to do a SOA I might use these springs and take out the leaves. Will the leaves have affected the spring rate or will most likely they go back to the oringinal rate and curvature? I don't know how long they were used or how long the leaves have been in there. I guess I can just take them out and see.. cause it don't cost nothin

BMB

· Registered
582 Posts
Can't answer your question for sure, but my add a leaves really hurt the leaves. They bent the main leaf around the eye. They basically don't flex and that was the only place that did. I would remove the add a leaves for sure, maybe have a spring shop look them over. They can rework them if you doubt them.

· Registered
1,704 Posts
Depends on the add-a-leafs. I had mine custom made at a spring shop to match up with the originals--these guys REALLY know what they are doing. I noticed NO difference in flex (to be honest, I'll probably never flex my jeep to it's fullest--no rockcrawling in my area!) or in ride. I also had my springs rearched 2.5" at the same time, and have noticed no real world difference, though I was cautioned by some folks that she wouldn't flex as well or ride as nice. My guess would be that your springs would go pretty much back to orignal specs, but I'm no guru. H8 might know, he really knows his SOAs since you are thinking of going that route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.