Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an '09 RZR S and have had pretty good luck with it till yesterday. I took it to the local riding spot and played pretty hard all day. All was well till I loaded back on the trailer and noticed a large puddle of gear oil under the rear differential. I have heard that the RZR's have a problem with the axle seals leaking but I only have 40 hrs. on mine. Seems a bit early to be breaking stuff. The warranty will cover the repairs so that is not an issue, I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks a bunch and happy trail riding......
:confused:

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on RZR S

I just got back from the dealer with my RZR S, the work is done and he took the time to show me exactly what I destroyed in the rear differential. I cracked the rear differential housing in one place along one of the molding point's as well as cracking the cover around the bolt holes in 3 places!! The warranty covered all the parts and labor but be warned RZR owners.....THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM!! I was told by the service manager that Polaris has no solution to this problem, and that without the warranty it averages around $1200 to $1600 out of pocket expense.

Happy Trails!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.