Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps it is the time of night, but I seem to have more questions than answers this evening. I have a Jacobs Torquer that was working well. I changed the alternator to one that puts out about 110-130 AMPS and the CJ developed problems with runon. I inserted the "diode or whatever it is" between the alternator and selinoid, but still didn't work. Jacobs sent me two more so I hooked them up in series. Still no luck. Then, I tried hooking up a toggle switch inside the cab - intercepting the circuit between the Jacobs computer box and the selinoid. All I managed to do then was to burn out the fuses. Jacobs then sent me a 30 AMP relay. Thats where I'm at now. My question is... should the relay go (1) between the Jacobs computer box and the fuse which is before the selinoid, (2) between the fuse and before the selioid, (3) after the selinoid and between it and the alternator? Thanks, MNMindbender.

Mindbender
CJ7 258

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Explaining it another way. The CJ will not shut off with the Jacobs Ignition and a 120 AMP Alternator.

The current set up is: Battery-------->Jacobs Ignition------->Inline Fuse-------->Selinoid---------->Inline Diode(?)--------------->Alternator
I want to put in a relay switch and wire it to a switch on dash so I can turn it off and on. Where does the relay go in this set up? Once a relay is in place is there a need for the Inline Diode(?) or whatever it is that is suppose to reduce the feedback from the alternator to the selinoid?

Thanks, MNMindbender

Mindbender
CJ7 258

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.