Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, it's been covered, but it's the first time the rotors are coming off my '96. The pics in the Haynes and the posts here don't show my setup...

I removed the THREE Torx bolts, pulled the outer cover off only to expose an aluminum part that I have not yet seen referenced. It has 6 threaded holes around the edge, three of which are used to secure the outer cap.
The passenger side wabbles a bit, the drivers side is solid.

How are these removed?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Autos

I hate those Autos. The first time i took them off That lock ring snap ring thingy almost got the best of me, 12 Beers later i really didn't care. I used two pair of small needle nose to finally take that mother out. Throw them suckers out and but some manuals in, if applicable.-Bob

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Just put up a page for the conversion of the early models. Yours is almost the same except they need a part or two if you convert it. The removal is about the same it just looks different. Here it is I don't have a link on the site to it yet but it is there.

G

·
BurntPiston, I had the same thought when I pulled the caps on this guy's '96 F150 in Moab after both his autos died about 20 minutes apart. Remove the cap and it looks like there's another cap under there LOL. We didn't have any right-angle picks and getting that snap ring out of there was a PITA to say the least!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts