Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was out playing in our quarry at work and I guess I pushed the TJ a little too far! I was coming off of a rock ledge that I figured was a about 2ft and it was closer to 3. I thought about backing up to straighten my decent, but I figured I can crawl right down no problem.

WRONG!!

We sat there for about 2 minutes with my right rear tire about 5 ft off of the ground and I made the wrong decision. I figures I would cut the wheels hard right and bump with in reverse to bring the front around and set the rear tire back down.

WRONG AGAIN!!

When I did that she rolled all the way over, a complete roll. We called about 4 people to come from the plant to flop it back over then I drove it out to the trailer.

Guess I should have cut the wheel hard left and gassed it forward instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Totaled my hood and dented the passenger side window frame but otherwise okay.

Brad

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
While not great, still not too bad. Worse thing hurt was your pride. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (glad your OK since everytime I read a post title like that I cringe wondering if it was on the road........=BAD)

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Damn, there goes that Rubicon hood we liked so much! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
How am I going to know it's you in the pictures now?

Now you HAVE to paint the cage red, white & blue! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
see thats what you get for putting a rubicon hood on there, red at that. your jeep was rebelling trying to get that thing off there....glad your ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Dang! I can't turn my back on you guys for a minute! I let Tim out of my sight over a hill, and he chops his finger off. I let you get away for a couple of weeks and you get your Jeep turtled up. MAN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to wait a couple of weeks before my next trip. I got back Saturday from Attica and the bearing we were having problems with failed again that night. We had to change the trunnion and both bearings so we are still down for our second maintenance shutdown of the year. I need to spend a little time with the family since I have worked 17 days straight and only seen my kids awake 2 times.

Maybe not until the weekend of August 26th for me because we have a company outing on August 12th and our annual golf scramble on August 19th. I would rather go wheeling but I have to spend some time with vendors.

I can't really say how the cage held up because it only slightly touched in 1 spot during the roll, barely enough to scratch the paint off. The grill and front of the hood took almost all of the roll.

Brad

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
So...
Ever taken your Jeep crawling on a golf course?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

You would have the meanest golf cart out there!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
29 Posts
That new hood looked sweet on there too. Well just glad to see you made it with all of you digits. Sorry Tim. Brad take care of yourself and your ride. I'll be glad to see you all again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.