Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I said before when I found some pics of me rolling my Surburban after 23 days off road in Baja that I would post them. They're kindo of fuzzy, but what the hell.
Heres one of my and my new friends that I fed pretzels to until he let me ride him

and a couple of shots after rolling 5 times at 70mph!!

Turning the beast over

Strapped down the hood and after 3 hours of working on reseating tires and making 1 battery out of 2 drove it a little bit to a town

Stole the tires and whatever else I could carry and the cops took it.

I did another 21 days down there the following year in another Suburban that I built up and guess what I found behind an old resturant on top of a pile of oyster shells

I thought of sharing these pics with you after looking through my Baja stuff cause I'm leaving next Sunday for 30 days in Baja, but in a different way......on boat. Gonna Sail from Ventura to Cabo San Lucas, should take me about 7 days nonstop. Gonna stay there for a week and then go out 600 miles towards Hawaii and head up back to California, should take me about 11-14 days. I don't know if Sailing is safer than driving in Baja, here's a pic of the last time I took my boat in the Sea of Cortez (gulf of california] the tides change like 22 feet. caught me a little off guard. This time I'm going on my brother in laws sailboat. If you don't hear from me again in June, consider me shark food.

Tom
69 Jeepster
89 Suburban 4wd
00 Expedition 4wd

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can,,,, 1/2 of the time. We will be sailing 24 hrs a day, so when one guys sleeping the others sailing and vice versa. Should be fun though, I've never really sailed before and its just the two of us, I hear you learn fast from total immersion.

Tom
69 Jeepster
89 Suburban 4wd
00 Expedition 4wd

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ADIOS!! See you guys in a month!!

Tom
69 Jeepster
89 Suburban 4wd
00 Expedition 4wd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.