Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to pick up a sport bar from a later model YJ ('91+) w/the rear seatbelts. I am just wondering if it is worth the trouble of fight the torx bolts to put in my CJ-7. I want to eventually build a full cage, so question is, are these factory sport bars a good foundation for a full cage? TIA.

rich
77cj7304QtracTH400, 31" BFG AT's, TFI upgrade
79cj7frame,ready to be built
83cj7inpieces, parts Jeep
"They can take my guns, but they'll have to take them bullets first."

G

·
Yeah they are a good foundation. Go for it.. just add on a front cage mount

It can't be done? HA, they MUST be crazy...

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
If you don't have to fight the torx to get the bar, bolt it into yours with regular hex bolts. I put a YJ bar in mine that way.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I definitely will NOT use those Godforsaken torx bolts again. I am gettin the bar from a wrecking yard for $50. That is if I pull it myself. If I have them do it they'll want $100. I started on it last week and only got thru 3 bolts before I busted my impact torx socket. I had another cheepie socket but it started to bend before it even got put on the ratchet. It also did not help that I ran out of PB Blaster the day before. I am having a bear of a time finding another T45 bit that even looks like it'll get thru even one bolt. Anyway, I'll let ya'll know when/if I get it out. Thanks,

rich
77cj7304QtracTH400, 31" BFG AT's, TFI upgrade
79cj7frame,ready to be built
83cj7inpieces, parts Jeep
"They can take my guns, but they'll have to take them bullets first."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts