Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several friends have told me that they have seen 4WD rock climbing on one of the cable channels. I can't find it on Speedvision. Any ideas?

·
Registered
745 Posts
The show is called 4X4TV and it is on the Outdoor Channel. Next time it comes on is today at 3:30pm central.

78 CJ7 Golden Eagle/TR Ignition/Weberized/2" leafs

·
Registered
745 Posts
addition: They have been featuring a rock crawling competition for the last couple of episodes. They may be finished with that series. I don't know if they will be having any rockcrawling on today's show.

78 CJ7 Golden Eagle/TR Ignition/Weberized/2" leafs

·
Registered
333 Posts
4x4 TV has been on for 2 years or so. ATV TV has been on for 3 years. Both shows are done by the same guy. I have seen all of the shows. Both are fun to watch. Trekken is now on the outdoor channel to,trekken is about Jeeps and trail rides. All three are on wednesday. night on the outdoor channel. ATV has done trail rides on some Jeep trail's.

G

·
Don't confuse this channel with the Outdoor Life Network like I did. I got all excited and tried to find these shows, but the Outdoor Channel isn't available on Direct TV. /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
'93 Dodge W250 Cummins 5spd club cab
'80 CJ-7 BBC, 1 ton
Honda XR350R

·
Registered
535 Posts
I was surprised to see the Skyjacker rock crawling competition from Indianapolis on ESPN/2 last saturday.

Mark
83 CJ-7 and 76 CJ-7 with stuff

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I had a friend who told me that he saw rock crawling on ESPN2. I am seriously sorry that I missed that. I will have to keep my eyes open to see if ESPN will be carrying any more 4X4 TV. Being in college, ESPN is a big part of life. In the future when I know of an event coming up on TV I will let it out on the post. And a small correction to an above post. Junkyard wars is a hill climb this week, and it is on Wed night, not Tomorrow (tue) Being a college student and Mec Engineer Junkyard wars is a Big deal around here.

91 YJ 4in lift waiting in the garage till March !
"Because there is no reason not to"

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a dish network dish and it has the outdoor channel. It cost's me $2.00 a month to get it,plus $20.00 for the other 40 channles, its a good deal.

G

·
Olin you didn't miss much. A bunch of rocks piled up on a flat strip of dirt. There were very few highlights and anytime someone got stuck they cut immediately to the point where the driver got unstuck. The announcers didn't know squat about crawling and even mentioned some rigs being geared down to as low as 35:1. Try 135:1 in some cases! For the flatlanders it may have been interesting, but if you want to see real rockcrawling get some of Big Rock Video's tapes from the ARCA series.

'75 CJ5 with goodies
'63 CJ6 rolling chassis and body only

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Hey, Junkyard wars is Great!!!

One team is from my home town, Pleasanton, CA. The Scottish team is messing with a Suzuki Samurai. They have called the 'zuk a "wee jeep" and a "Suzuki Jeep" and a "Dinky Little Jeep"..

Cool! Heh, Heh

Scott
'85 CJ7 T.H.O.R.

G

·
I didn't think the "MULES" track vic, was going to make it, thought the tires would blow and how the hell were they going to turn it, that damn thing didn't have any problems, little bumpy but funny as all get out!

"Dinky little Jeep', "Suzuki Jeep", it's like calling a square headlight amc vic a "Jeep", it's just not right ;-0

Bring it on square boys! ;-)

Steve

83 CJ-7/chevy 350/44-20 with lockers/4"lift/33x12.5 swampers on hellcats/9500 ramsey. I'm in LOVE!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Junkyard wars didn't disapoint. Pretty excited that the americans pulled it out. I thought the tracks Idea was fantastic.
The zuk probably would have been a lot more exciting if they had used the V8 they wanted to in the begining.

91 YJ 4in lift waiting in the garage till March !
"Because there is no reason not to"

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anybody have any idea how they steered that thing? Surely they didn't just aim it and let it go. Unless it had locked diffs it would have wandered one way or the other, but nothing was mentioned about side to side braking - the only way I can think of to make it go where they want it.

Didn't somebody make a track kit for flatties years ago? I think I saw it in a Popular Mechanics or something like that.

I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts