Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to pick out the rims for my Suburban. I think I have narrowed it down to these three. The Weld RoadHawks, The Centerline Hellcats, and the American Racing Atlas. The tires will be 37" SSR's. I don't know how to post pics of these rims, but I bet most of you know what rims I am talking about. I am looking for comments, feedback, opinions whatever. Oh and by the way Discount Tire Co. has quoted me $156 per tire on the 37" SSR's. That is about $50 cheaper than most. Hey if anybody knows how to post pics of the 3 rims I am talking about would you please do it for me.

Thanks, Ryan

· Registered
1,615 Posts
What kind of lift combination do you have that will fit those meats???

I am running Centerline "Cobras" one nice thing about them is I got the billet caps that cover the lugs and all, makes clean up a breeze
Here is a pic of mine with the billet cap

here is the same wheel with a normal cap

Here is a hellcat with a regular cap

Here is a hellcat with the Billet cap

one thing about the hellcats is they can be a pita to keep clean (to many ridges)

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Cepek 6.5" Stage II kit with a 4" shackle flip for the rear plus 3" blocks for now. I will swap the blocks for 2" springs and a 1" zero rate add-a-leaf in the future. I also have a 3" body lift. I have all of the lift components but have yet to turn any wrenches. This combo should give me about 9-10" of lift up front and 10" in the rear. that should be plenty to fit the 37's. This will be my daily driver so it won't see any serious off-roading. I still have the solid axle 1980 GMC to play with. Thanks for posting the pics. I like the Centerlines you said you have. What truck do you have them on? I think those are two different rims in the Hellcats you posted the first is the Hellcat 2 or something like that but if you look they are a lot different.

· Registered
949 Posts
I had the Hellcats with the billet centers on my 88 Toy that I used to have. They were a great looking rim and were fairly easy to keep clean, but they were only 8.5" wide so it might be harder to clean a deeper rim. The only thing I didn't like about them was that it was pretty easy to damage the outer part of the rim but if you've got a wide tire it should offer more protection...

'78 Chevy Blazer w/300hp Goodwrench 350, SM465, NP205 T-case.
'61 Willys Utility Wagon w/Chevy 350, TH350 ,NP203 T-case, and a broken Ford 9" /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif.

· Registered
1,615 Posts
I have the Cobras on my 1990 1 ton ext cab truck.
I noticed the 2 hellcats were different/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif but at least it showed the different caps.
Here is the Centerline website http://www.centerlinewheels.com/
You are doing good to get your tires from "Discount" /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif that is the ONLY place I get tires, you should get your wheels there also, you can really bargain the price down if you are buying a whole package from them. (make sure you get the road hazard warranty also! best money you will ever spend)

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

G

·
i've found the rims i've been looking for for so long. they're made by enkie and the style is CTM-5. these rims are soooo sweet and truly unattainable. each 15x10 wheel is an outrageous $379.00! no way can i afford that. i guess i'll stick to the 589s.

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.

Attachments

· Registered
1,615 Posts
I don't know about those dreamer/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif looks like "RICE" to me /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

G

·
i don't know what you mean by "rice" but it mustn't be good. yeah, i showed a freind here at work those rims and she didn't like em. she really likes the MRT beadlock wheels tho. they're not legal.
i ask her cuz she's a chic and i want to know what a chic would dig. you dig?

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.

· Registered
1,615 Posts
By "RICE" I mean they look like they belong on a little toyota, or nisson /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif lowered to the ground no practical purpose at all.

SEE (Rice burner)

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

G

·
Just went and looked at the rims I ordered for my blazer this afternoon, too bad the balancer that the place I got them is AFU, oh well they should be on tommorrow. Here is a pic.....
They arent that shiny in person, but I like that.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. I like the look of the Centerlines with the Billet insert. I think it gives it a cleaner, and deeper look. I am stillup in the air on the three choices I mentioned. Is there a site that has a really large reader's ride section where I could see a lot of trucks with all kinds of rims on them? That would help. I guess I will start with Off-Road.com's first.

Thanks, Ryan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.