Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rimmer\'s website

Anybody know what happened to Rimmer Engineering's website? I cant' access it.

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Rimmer\'s website

Nick, if you went to http://www.rimmerenginc.com and can't access the page like I just did. I got bad news for you, their website is not up (I guess they are too busy!!!!). call them on 800 number (better call 800.555.1212 for correct number).

Nycjeep :)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

Someone on another board said that in addition to their page being null and void.......so is their phone. That may indicate that they are out of business. Very sad.......they had the only Eaton supercharger smog legal adapted for the injected 2.5 four banger. There are other 'charger shops......but few have superchargers ready for market for the 4.0 ......let alone the 2.5.

I hope that this is a temporary thing.
I wonder if they sold the casting molds and templates.......

GeeAea

Figures don't lie ....... but liars sure do figure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

well talking about superchargers and such, i was lookin on the net the other day and realized that in the 1993 dodge daytona came with a 2.5liter turbo charger on it, now doesn't this mean that its probably the same engine and shouldn't but hard to swap to a jeeps 2.5 i mean its dodge and jeep it should be the exaxt engine right?? welp its just a thought

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

Naw........the Chrysler 2.5 turbo......I think they stopped offering it (in the minivan line anyway) in 91 (it was not available in 92 or so I was told when I bought mine) is a different beast. Lot's of spunk to that motor ......pushed that shoebox profile through the wind with plenty of pull through 80 mph. .......Then again.....if you could adapt the pieces to the intake of the jeep 2.5....both are injected......or maybe just adapt the turbo motor to the Jeep......but for some reason they always seem to put stuff on the east-west motors on the wrong end for a north south applicaiton (the thermostat housing is on the wrong end and such.

Let's hope that rimmer continues the line though another shop.
Here's the email address for rimmer.....I haven't got a rejection on it yet.....but neither have I gotten a reply.
[email protected]

GeeAea

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If you want a supercharged engine, think about the V6 in some of the current mid-sized GM cars.

Gary

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Re: Rimmer\'s website is alive and well!

Here's a copy of the email reply from rimmer.......they apparently are changing from the Eaton based chargers....to some other make.

Gary,

We are currently designing a supercharger system for the 4 cyl. Jeep. We
are going to go with the more efficient Autorotor supercharger. There is no
release date on the 4 cyl. Jeep due that we are trying to get a 6 cyl. Jeep
kit, Subaru, Neon, Rav4, Audi, as well as a Daewoo kit out in a timely
fashion. Hopefully we will have all them done soon and then we will be
starting a Durango, Sentra, Isuzu, and possibly get the 4cyl. Jeep kit out
around this time. So as you can tell we are quite busy right now but we may
be able to get the 4 cyl. Jeep out by the middle of this year.

Rimmer Performance
6151 N. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs CO 80918
(719) 532-9002 Voice
(719) 532-9052 Fax
e-mail [email protected]
www.rimmersuperchargers.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.