Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting everything together for the suspension and axles before I put anything on so I'll only have to do things once. The front end is getting a bolt-on shackle reversal that will give 2" of lift, the rear gets OME springs to level it out. I was planning on using revolver shackles while I was at it, but have heard of problems with them, like "standing up" under torque situations like hill climbs and hard acceleration. I wont be going to V-8 power, just building up my 258. What does everyone here think about the worth of Revolvers on my rig? I know they're expensive, but it would be worse if I decided to add them later and have my custom driveshafts rebuilt longer, with more travel, etc.

G

·
I just have the I6, and I don;t have any problems with them standing up or anything, but then I don't use them for hill climbing (?). The only thing negative I can say is that they do freeze up if you don;t keep them greased because the revolving part is simply metal on metal, but they do work in my experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.