Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,438 Posts
Thats a nice looking shackle. It looks like it would work better than a revover. I like the fenders and rocker panels also. Nice Jeep all the way around.
Jeff
89 Wrangler

· Registered
4,438 Posts
They do add extra droop, and work well on deep ruts anr big rocks. But I had mentioned on another post, when climbing extremely steep climbs that are longer than the Jeep the shackles open when throttleing up. This affectively pushes your jeep out away from the hill and traction is lost, at that point they begin to hop (opening and closing), I tried them for a couple of weeks on my YJ when I was running a 4" Pro Comp lift. I ran them for one day on Claw Hammer, I liked em untill I took em steep, they came off that night. I definitely dont think you would get along with them on steep terrain with a heavy foot and big HP thats a fire and matches combo on its own.
Jeff
89 Wrangler

· Registered
4,438 Posts
Yeah Wayne I think your probably right. But of course thats another engineering problem of its own. How did you address it on your CJ? Also are yours as long as the Revolvers? I really like the look of your design, you may want to post your web site on this post, thats a sweet set up. The other thing rarely considered when these are installed is that you are still limited in drop by the length of your rear shock travel. Even with out revolver type shackles, with my spring over,2 1/2" Old man Emu springs and extended rear shackles, I was way past the limit of the longest shocks I could fit between the middle of the axle(to move the shock mount out harms way), and the upper mounts.
Jeff,
89 Wrangler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.