Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just read the artical from ROCKCRAWLER.Com last night, and i wanted to go and buy those shackles today, but whats the whole deal with them, i searched the BBS and found yes and no's for them, are there any updates on it? it seem like a good product, and rockcrawler.com seemed to love them, i just wanna here some true facts about this stuff and does anyone know the actual price for the,
thanks guys!

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my opinion the revolvers, though made well, are very over priced... i cant see spending the $500 (last i heard) on a mod like that, when lockers or gears would be of much greater benefit. Goofy leaves $100 (generous estimate) and lock right $250. Now for $350 you can wave goodbye to the guy with the revolvers. Good point made about checking with that loosening spring clamps list. Good luck

'95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
33"s, snorkel, 1000+ RTI, Warn xd9000i

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wayne,

Those revolvers look great. Could be home fabbed for low cost and retain stock springs. Sounds a heck of a lot better than $500. Thanks for the info.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
'84 K20 driver
'79 K10 mud racer
'48 CJ-2A trail Jeep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wayne, great job on those and good drawings too... its about time i saw somebody come up with a design that compares to the revolvers without the high cost. Sweet jeep too.

'95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
33"s, snorkel, 1000+ RTI, Warn xd9000i

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Thats a nice looking shackle. It looks like it would work better than a revover. I like the fenders and rocker panels also. Nice Jeep all the way around.
Jeff
89 Wrangler

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey,

A buddy of mine has them on a yj. I agree that the price is high but let me tell you, WOW! He does have ARB lockers and all also. His jeep walks past everyone. My CJ has flex, His YJ has DOUBLE the flex.

If I didn't have power under the hood i would end getting them. But my CJ and I have a heavy foot and those Revolvers and I wouldnt get along.

I was behind him last night on the highway. I did notice that the jeep "bounces" a bit at the shackles. Other than that and the price, I Like. I still may consider getting something like them.

just my opionion.

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 V8/35's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
They do add extra droop, and work well on deep ruts anr big rocks. But I had mentioned on another post, when climbing extremely steep climbs that are longer than the Jeep the shackles open when throttleing up. This affectively pushes your jeep out away from the hill and traction is lost, at that point they begin to hop (opening and closing), I tried them for a couple of weeks on my YJ when I was running a 4" Pro Comp lift. I ran them for one day on Claw Hammer, I liked em untill I took em steep, they came off that night. I definitely dont think you would get along with them on steep terrain with a heavy foot and big HP thats a fire and matches combo on its own.
Jeff
89 Wrangler

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Yeah Wayne I think your probably right. But of course thats another engineering problem of its own. How did you address it on your CJ? Also are yours as long as the Revolvers? I really like the look of your design, you may want to post your web site on this post, thats a sweet set up. The other thing rarely considered when these are installed is that you are still limited in drop by the length of your rear shock travel. Even with out revolver type shackles, with my spring over,2 1/2" Old man Emu springs and extended rear shackles, I was way past the limit of the longest shocks I could fit between the middle of the axle(to move the shock mount out harms way), and the upper mounts.
Jeff,
89 Wrangler

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.