Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Warrior and I was wondering if reversing the rear wheels will put too much stress on the axle and bearings. When I say reverse, I mean putting the valve stem to the inside to increase width on the rear. Has anyone done it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did it on my Banshee. I don't think it puts any more stress on the bearings than stock, because the swingarm is held horizontal by a horizontal axle in both cases. (Moving the centerline of the front wheels out past the bearings is a different story). I didn't keep it that way for long, though. It got me hung up in too many tight spots, but the worst thing was the effect it had on the steering. Made it push a lot worse. With no differential, sport quads have to drag the outside wheel or spin the inside to turn sharp. The wider the stance, the more noticeable the effect is.
If you ride in wide open spaces, go for it. You probably won't notice a problem in dunes, and its gotta help stability.
Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did it on my warrior. i don't know if it will hurt it or not. it makes mine handle alot better, it's not as prone to want to go up on the outside 2 wheels.

· Registered
2,078 Posts
Many people reverse the wheels on the banshee and warrior for stability reasons. It will not adversely affect the bearings because of the way the bearing housing is set up. If the bearing housing was skinnier then it would play a part. My only suggestion is to make sure that you keep that housing greased extremely well...

I just bought wheels and tires and by reversing them, it would make it shorter from outside wheel to outside wheel. The offset was set up correctly and man they are awesome!!!!!

AirBorn!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just food for thought, on my Banshee, im running a 4"wider axle, with offset wheels, and im rough on it. i havent had any problems. I had my friend reverse his rear rims on his Banshee to gain stability. he loved it, and alls it cost was about 3 mins in the Mc Donalds parking lot while we were chowing down on breakfast!

-cleartoy

· Registered
2,384 Posts
yeah i did the same thing to my warrior its not near as tippy but its does a freaky feeling thing in corners its like the front tips but the back doesnt it was wierd at first but i dont notice it now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.