Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody has some good pics of a completely installed gas tank, I would appreciate seeing them. I got my new tank yesterday and back when I tore this thing apart it didn't have ANY straps whatsoever on it.

Thanks.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Does this help? From the '78 FSM.

There's only one strap. It goes through a slot in the front lip of the skidplate. There it loops around a big roll pin that retains it.

It goes over the top of the tank and a threaded stud sticks through the rear lip of the skidplate where a nut tightens it up, securing the tank to the skidplate. Then the skidplate bolts up with four bolts through the rear frame crossmember and three through the next crossmember forward.

There's a thin formed plastic sheet that goes between the tank and the skidplate to keep them from rubbing each other, and also pieces where the strap breaks over the upper corners of the tank.

Attachments

G

·
If you went with the stock plastic tank, then you also need the gas tank shield. The tank sits in it and the shield bolts to the frame.

I made a new shield out of 10g steel after I 'reconfigured' my stock one on the Dusy.

On the back of the frame should be 5 bolt studs. If you don't have this, thin you will have issues using a stock shield.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
Do you have any drain holes in the skidplate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts