Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone is sick and tired of talking about duraspark ignitions, but there is still one questions I can't find an answer to.
What springs do I replace the stock distributor springs with?

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
You don't have to change the springs at all, but it's a cheap way to add a little extra 'zip' to some engines.

The spring kit you are looking for is Mr. Gasket P/N 925D, and can be ordered by any parts store that handles Mr. Gasket stuff.
You can mix and match springs. It's the total spring pressure, so a heavy spring can be mixed with a medium spring, and so on.
Start with a Heavy factory, and a medium from the kit, and work lighter from there.
Don't let the engine detonate. If you get spark knock, back the timing up a little, and if that doesn't work, go back to the next heavier springs.
This is a test and tune process, so get comfortable with pulling the distributor...

Good luck, and if there is anything I can help with, just ask.
Aaron.

If Chris Columbus "Discovered" America (with 25 million already here), Can I Go "Discover" Florida?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.