Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you using? What do you like? What doesn't work?

I switched from icons to trico neoforms a while back and imo they work better, are super quiet and are inexpensive for top of the line (about $17 a pair after rebate right now and $33 a pair regularly). Ok...what else is out there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wiper Blade Replacement

Visit your local NAPA AUTO PARTS for the correct wiper blade replacement. Pull the wiper arm up and away from the car. Examine the existing attachment (where the arm and the blade meet) and match it to one of the attachments included with the new wiper blades. Remove the windshield wiper blade from the arm at the attachment. Install the correct attachment to the new blades, then install the new blades onto the windshield wiper arm.
* It is better to replace the whole wiper blade, not just the rubber part.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tips On Buying Wiper Blades

Visit your local NAPA AUTO PARTS for the correct wiper blade replacement. Pull the wiper arm up and away from the car. Examine the existing attachment (where the arm and the blade meet) and match it to one of the attachments included with the new wiper blades. Remove the windshield wiper blade from the arm at the attachment. Install the correct attachment to the new blades, then install the new blades onto the windshield wiper arm.
* It is better to replace the whole wiper blade, not just the rubber part.
Always lookup the correct/exact part numbers by make, model and year of the vehicle - this ensures not only correct length but also correct attachment. Note that the days of just buying by length are done - there's something like 13 different wiper arm mounts now. You are correct about the adapters on most replacements, however if you want direct-connect without plastic adapters, there are a few out there like the trico neoform I mention above. Takes the guess work out of it and also doesn't add additional parts to fail or viberate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Windshield wiper blades are made of rubber and easily deteriorate due to exposure to sun, extreme weather, and pollution. Manufacturers recommend replacing the blades on your new car every few years as a regular part of car maintenance.Windshield wiper blades are inexpensive and provide a key line of defense when it comes to your safety on the road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Windshield wiper blades are made of rubber and easily deteriorate due to exposure to sun, extreme weather, and pollution. Manufacturers recommend replacing the blades on your new car every few years as a regular part of car maintenance.Windshield wiper blades are inexpensive and provide a key line of defense when it comes to your safety on the road.
Consumer Reports recommended replacing every 6 months for very good or execellent performance. That was kind of shocking to me. I do it annually though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I suggest you to try for Bosch 422A ICON Wiper Blade - 22. It has a dual precision-tensioned steel springs help create tension memory, applying uniform pressure along the entire blade length. It contains exclusive weather shield connector system is pre-installed to protect arm connection from snow/ice build-up. I hope that it will help you better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suggest you to try for Bosch 422A ICON Wiper Blade - 22. It has a dual precision-tensioned steel springs help create tension memory, applying uniform pressure along the entire blade length. It contains exclusive weather shield connector system is pre-installed to protect arm connection from snow/ice build-up. I hope that it will help you better.
Thanks! I really like the neoforms though after 6 months. One other cool thing is that wipers123 just emailed me an inspection reminder at 6 months and said they'd remind me again in 3 months. Kinda cool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wiper blades are to be replaced yearly. Blades of quality can be maintained for longer durations but if you purchased and end up with cheap quality, then we our car will be at loss.(Scratches)
In 2008 Consumer Reports actually recommended replacing every 6 months. Also, here's what Wipers123 stated via email:

"Wiper Blades Purchased: December 2010
In Service/Wiper Age: 6 Months
Recommended Action: Please inspect and replace if necessary

Many of our customers follow the recommendation of the leading US consumer reporting magazine and replace their wipers twice a year to maintain "Very Good" or "Excellent" performance, thus we begin our inspection/replacement reminders at 6 months after your purchase.

Note: The effective life of wiper blades varies drastically due to a number of factors including extreme hot & cold temperatures, prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, indoor vs. outdoor storage of vehicle, amount & type of precipitation, amount of wiper use, and age/condition of windshield glass (older, worn glass wears out wiper blades faster). Personal preference of acceptable performance also varies drastically.
"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.