Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has a 98 Wrangle she just got. It is in need of a new top. I've been searching the net for tops and was overwhelmed with the choices. Is there one brand that is better than others?? Has anyone had any experience with BestTops? All the framework is intact and in goos shape. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have the BestTop replacement top on my 2001 TJ. It is the cheapest one they offered for the existing hardware and I will tell you you get what you pay for. The top I bought was about 1/2 the price of the sail cloth top and I would say about 1/2 the quality.

My factory top was much quieter so if you are going to drive it on the Highway much get the better top you will be glad you did.

Other than the noise it has been a great top.

Brad

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I don't know what year is what past CJs...
We have a TJ soft top (tan) for sale cheap if that will work...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like it might work. Her top is either the tan color or the spice color. Not sure how to tell the difference. Would you happen to have a picture of it by chance??

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Er.....yeah, we were trying to get it adopted out to a good home. Do you think your Jeepchick would like to take a road trip to Iowa? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you are considering California Tops "I suggest you exhaust every other possibility before dealing with him. There is a generally negative view from the majority who have dealt with him". I speak from first hand knowledge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif His customer service.....ISN'T./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
The seams are not heat sealed thus getting everything wet inside when it rains, is washed, or you play in the puddles.
Best top has heat sealed seams. And their customer service is good.

A wise man/woman learns from others mistakes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
FWIW, my manager just bought a BestTop *SAILCLOTH* top for his '01 TJ (DD, lot's of travel & highway) w/ tinted windows to replace the factory top...

He came in RAVING how much quieter it was.... says he can actually hear the stereo now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts