Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 304 flywheel that Im noot going to use , when i removed it it showed some heat cracks....radiating from teh center outward, not too deel like .0030

so i took it to work abrasive blasted it then sprayed High Nickel plasma on the flywheel to restore the surface...

I havent yet turned the flywheel back flat, but it looks as if the cracks are filled..

does anyone know if this will hold under use??
another guy that I work with used to spray the rotors on his sprint cars and said he never had a problem, it seems brake rotors would have a rougher life than flywheels, but Im just curious as if anyone has done this before???

ozarkjeep
1977 CJ5 looking for a Hard top near NW Arkansas!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt even think about that...hmmm, we only sprayed about .0040 all over the face, and most will get cut off when it resurfaced..so i wouldnt think there would be any more weight added, than would normally be removed during a refacing job??

do machine shops usually balance after they resurface one? ( ive never had it done)

ozarkjeep
1977 CJ5 looking for a Hard top near NW Arkansas!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.