Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take the "stock" stickers of my Jeep.. The 4.0L and the "Sport" sticker. There just not the right color.. What would be the best way to remove them without screwing up the paintjob?

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heat it a little with a hair dryer and pull it off. I took off my Sport Pkg paint splash decals that way. If its older and gives you trouble, about any auto parts store that sells paint sell adhesive remover for this very purpose. Good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly the best sticker and sticky stuff remover known to man is WD40! Like the previous post said, a hair dryer will get the sticker off, then any remainder can be removed with WD. I once took the huge state decals off my duty vehicle (for some reason they all came from the motor pool that way) in no time with WD40.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a former vehicle detailer one of the best products to remove stickers and the sticky gum underneath is something called OOPS! it will take the stuff off. Just wash the vehicle and wax it after, this will get rid of any lines left over by the removed stickers. To initially get them off, heat is the best thing, use OOPS! if a sticky residue is left after.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other thing that'll get that sticky residue could be found in your wife's cabinet - Avon Skin So Soft. Used it to take up the residue from my bed rails after I took off the "camper padding". Worked like a charm.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.