Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, my question is how does it work so I can make my own?

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually how does it work??

(\/)ikey 1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I am no expert, but it looks so simple I wish I'd thought of it. Forgive me if my grammar is a little off, I'm recovering from a severe case of the flu, heck of a way to usher in the new millennium, 3 days in bed and living off Thera-flu, Nyquil, and Robitussin.

The throttle linkage acts as the lever that moves a pin that allows both sides of the swaybar to separate. That's what the large silver thing is. It houses the two ends of the swaybar inside. When you pull the lever, the two pieces of the swaybars move independently of one another. Acts just like removing the disconnects, only you're doing it further up the line. You stop on level ground and move the jeep until the lever goes back in (like a D300 xfer), and you're reconnected.

I have never seen one so correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks so simple I'm going to make one for the TJ.

JEEPN
'97 TJ Sport
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
'71 Commando SC-1
'51 CJ-3A
'47 CJ-2A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well when you do, tell us how you did.... It would be a very interesting post.... /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys... This will work - sort of... Most of what I get from disconnecting the sway bar is alot more droop because that connection from the link to where the sway bar connects to the frame is still there. So all this systems is going to allow is the axle to articulate in respect to the frame more, but you're not going to get the radical results you get from just disconneceting the bar. Also, you're already out of the Jeep airing down, right!?!

Chuck Hadley

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Chuck - Good catch! I missed that one totally, chalk it up to the Thera-Flu. As the distance from the wheel to the fender increases, the arc changes. Even having this link connected will limit the travel of the wheel. Still, it's a cute idea. Since I have to get out to air down and adjust the shocks, what is a little thing like a swaybar? I'd be interested, if anyone has one of these rigs, to see the RTI difference between it being connected and disconnecting the swaybar completely. It might not be much, but then again you never know. You know, a better application might be for the rear swaybar rather than the front.

JEEPN
'97 TJ Sport
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
'71 Commando SC-1
'51 CJ-3A
'47 CJ-2A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.