Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is very elementary but I thought at least Juice would find it mildly interesting. I moved the rear shock mounts up on my 10.25. I did not move the upper mounts at all, am running 5010's w/approx 6" lift. No probs yet.

As viewed from the rear, gives you an idea of increased clearance:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
!
I'm glad you put the "viewed from the rear" picture in.
That mod does pick up quite a bit of clearance.
You do it yourself?
Lucky devil's with welders!
One of these days.......

I spy some MT/R's on that rig!

Yeah, what the heck is all that oil from?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
looks good, what the hells blwoing all the oil out?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I do find it interesting. Mainly becuase it seems like the factory never puts much thought into this area. Aside from the obvious clearance advantage you have, did the fact that you DIDN'T relocate the top brackets hopefully give you a better balance as far as upward shock travel versus downward travel??? That is what I am trying to figure on mine right now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: something about motors now.....

What oil?? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh........THAT!

Let's see, last trip I leaked a full case of oil in about 750 miles. Yep, rear main, oil pan, lower intake, both valve covers and probably even distributor are ALL leaking at once. New motor goes in in one week! 181k on the stock 351 ain't too bad, and she still runs strong despite a near dead hole.

I'm gonna jinx myself but anyone who wants to say stock EFI is unreliable can kiss my big white .... TTBOMK I'm still on original TFI and TPS. IAC seemed sticky but still worked, EGR stopped opening long ago LOL! Anyway, in stock form these motors are built for longevity IMO.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts

Can anyone say "automatic oil change", just add the filter. or "Valvoline max life? I don't need no stickin' Valvoline Max life"

hate to be the car that decides to follow closely behind you. This makes a great "don't push me" device. Get a bumper sticker that says "like oil? If you can read this, I hope you do!"

·
Registered
469 Posts

Thats too funny -
I took about a 200 mi round trip Sat. (picking up my 9") - I musta dumped 2 qts o' 90 weight & 2 more in 40 weight - nobody was tailgatin' though !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts