Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,126 Posts
I just went to my last post and copied everything for you. Here is the scoop on the AutoZone/NAPA parts you can get for your zook.

AutoZone
Front Red Ryder shocks - 81440
Rear Red Ryder shocks - 81538

These shocks sell for about $10 each. The rear shocks measure 14.5" compressed and 24" extended. I would imagine the fronts measure about the same. To use either of these shocks you will need to relocate your shock mounts. They give a pretty descent ride on the street and off-road and are a lot less expensive than some other name brands.

AutoZone also has U-joints for the Samurai that run about $7 and are greasable. Both Yankee Tim and I have used them with great success.

NAPA
Front extended brake hoses - 38541
Rear extended brake hoses - 38688

If they can not get lines as soon as you like, you can marry two sets together using four of the NAPA brake line nipples - 3325.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai, 1.6L, Calmini 40mm Mikunis, Pacesetter header, 2" exhaust, MSD 6AL ignition, 5.5" SPOA, 1" shackle lift, CJ-5/Samurai springs, 31" High-Tec retreads.

· Registered
471 Posts
zoomy4 gave you the autozone shock #'s
here are the napa #'s front shock 94080 rear shock# 94004
i use the same rear napa brake line # 38688
but use napa#38673 front line
autozone small flange u-joint# is 1-1557--oldzuki

88 spoa samurai/weber/isky
97 sidekick sport
those that can samurai those that can't ?

· Registered
1,126 Posts
I have not used the NAPA brake lines. I got those numbers from RangerRick. I have the AutoZone shocks and the AutoZone U-joints. I pound the [email protected]#$% out of the U-joints and they haven't broke yet. I sure I will though, just give me some time.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...

· Registered
1,126 Posts
No Ralphy, you will shoot your eye out!

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.