Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a relatively inexpensive chop saw. I would like one that can do angles. What size blade do you guys recommend? Any one in particular to stay away from? I've been needing to buy one for a while but can't put it off any longer. Gotta get my cage done/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Lugnut 77 cj5

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I got mine new from Cummins Tools http://www.cumminstools.com for $80. It uses a 14" chop saw blade (standard) and I have used the snot out of it.

Check it out at http://www.cumminstools.com/tap/tools/3139.html. It may be cheap, but I've had mine over a year with no problems. I also got the drill press and about $250 more in tools, the only thing I don't like is the 6" bench grinder, it has no power.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
lugnut. I have always gotten the same advise when asking anyone about tools.... You get what you pay for. If you are going to use the saw for a long time, get a good one. The extra couple of dollers will pay off in the long run. If you do not see yourself useing it all that often then an inexpencive one would be perfect. Personally I really like craftsman. you can't beat a life time 100% replacement promise. But then again, you get what you pay for. When you finish your cage post some pics.
Good luck

91 YJ swaped in 4.0L 2 inch lift.
"Because there is no reason not to"

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
The warranty on Craftsman is only on the hand tools, it does not apply to the electrial tools.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Get what you can afford. On the cheaper ones you may end up replacing saws quicker than blades. Unless you are into production, or have unlimited funds, you probably don't need a Milwaukee or such, but Makita or Dewalt will probably last you just great.

Enjoying Montana's Big Sky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts