Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just joined this website. i have a 1997 chevy k2500, regular cab, 8ft. bed, 5.7L v8, 4x4, auto trans, factory 4.11 posi rear, completely stock. this truck is my meal ticket, because i am a construction contractor. 90% of my driving is on paved roads. i want to be able to handle the potholes, bumps, sand, mud and snow as it comes along. oh yeah,and i also tow cargo trailers. i am new to 4x4 trucks, but ive been customizing and adding performance parts to cars for years now. with all that being said, if you guys or girls were in my position which direction would you take to make my vehicle as fast, fun, functional, and straight awesome as possible. also keep in mind im working within a blue collar budget. thanks everyone in advance for your help.

· Registered
141 Posts
i've worked construction ,one form or another. landsccaping new houses, masonary, welding and other things that i'm trying to forget. pot holes will get any tire a busted belt or a blister. bfg longtrail is what i have on my yukon, good road manners and decent on snow and ice. but if you're hualin trailers then id suggest bfg allterains or mud terain. if your doin any new construction youll need them when the rain hits airfilter a must specter has a good cold air set up. shocks are another thing to check. my daughter in-law has an extended cab, she wont let me play it. the only other thing is the computers are prone to act up, the only fix that i know is to have the 2 battery cables joined at the battery with one conector[stacking screws them up] maybey see about a chip or programed not sure which it is ? i know they have some setups that are ajustable, bullydog has one for gas and deisel. you can set them for haul mode gas saver or power. i'm mainly old stuff so someone else might know a little more. good luck
mike
p.s. a headach rack is a must along with good bumpers stock don't cut it. a construction site seems to be the worst place for getting bumped or backed into

· Registered
8 Posts
welcome to the site. first thing I would do would be dump the old exhaust minifolds and all the exhaust and put some headers, good high flow cats with a nice single or dual chambered muffler(s) and bring it out the back with a nice dual exhaust. This will unlock some hidden ponies from under the hood plus make it sound like a truck. Belive me you will feel the diff in power and if your not a lead foot like me, you migt even see beter fuel milage. Then since this is a daily driverr for you and your work machine, I would get some nice AT tires, their the best of both worlds, not an off road tire but not a street tire, their an off road tire meets road in the middle type. They run well on the roads but when you wanna get a little sideways, they will get you threw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.