Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear power window quit working when I put the top back on. Where is the switch located that keeps the window from being operated when the tailgate is down? It was working fine when I took the top off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
those rear windows are a pain in the keister. There is a rod that catches on the window when it is down. It is in the center of the taigate. If your tailgate is rusty like mine, you can try the same jerry rig I did. I used a zip tie to hold the rod in position so that the window will still catch. It worked for 4 years until I blew out my window going ovrf a jump!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My rear window stops working every now and again. Dirt gets into the contacts in the tailgate. I just take the panel off the gate and clean them off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally figured it out! The plastic sleeves on the strikers had worn a groove out and it wouldn't allow the latch to completely close therefore not making a connection to the switch...needless to say, I figured this out, AFTER I had gutted the whole tailgate
. I guess there is something to be said for looking for the simple solution first huh! Thanks for your input guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts