Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up. I'm new here. I haven't said anything because I've been so busy reading all the info in the forum. I have a 95 Bronco and I am installing 6" superlift springs in back as I type. Question is- do I need to put the factory shims(angled blocks) in with the new springs or not??? The new springs have a small angled shim built in, but I thought the straighter I can get driveshaft angle with the factory shims the the better. But, the new U bolts they sent me don't seem to be long enough to put the shims in. If I were to use the old U-bolts I could use the factory shims. The instructions don't mention whether or not I take them out or not. Another thing, they are procomp instructions and superlift springs. Anyways, should I use the old U-bolts and factory angled blocks or leave the blocks out and use the new U-bolts??? what's better for the drive shaft angle???

thanks
blubronc

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
reuse the old shims, and u bolts. you got some nice 4.5 inch springs there.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would call Superlift and ask them. I don't understand why they would send you their springs and someone else's instructions. That's lame. I know I would be slightly po'd if once I got everything bolted up and went for a drive and had problems due to their lack of instruction.

Whenever I purchased a set of springs they usually came with shims and those are the ones I installed. My reasoning is that the company selling the springs has taken all the precautions in measuring the driveline angles. This has been the case with my Superlift suspension I put on my CJ and a Rubicon Express lift I installed on my Cherokee. No problems with either.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I think I would agree with BurnedBronco, you probably will be nowhere near 6" since most of these aftermarket manufacturers seem to want to decide how level to make your truck, since they usually sit nose low from the factory. So, the stock shim/ubolts will add what you will probably want. How much shim is the new one? Aluminum or steel?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bah, here is what you do. Get rid of that damn IFS and put a straight axle in with coils, and get rid of the leafs in the rear and put coils on! Now THAT is the way to have a Bronco!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The leafs have a small steel shim attached to the bottom of the leaf. Don't know the anlge. We did go ahead and use the factory shims with the leafs. The driveshaft sits alot straighter and it gave about 1" of lift.

Thanks for all the help
blubronc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts