Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant reach the upper mount of the rear shock without removing anything. Should i go through the floor boards? I have a skid plate on my gas tank, should i take that off?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
That's odd. You shouldn't have too many problems getting to that upper mount on your truck. When I took mine off it wasn't that hard, and I don't remember having to move anything.

If you need to remove something to gain clearance, then go ahead! Just remember how it goes back the way you found it! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

J.R. /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

http://members.nbci.com/desertride/index.htm

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
First off, fill out your profile so we can figure out what particular year, etc.. you have.

On my 1985 T truck (4x version) I was able to easily get the rear shocks off without removing anything.

If you must remove the skidplate to get in there, then I guess that's what's needed. Try to see if you can get in there some other way or from some other direction.

Is yours the truck style with the tank on the frame rail on the passenger side or blazer style with it centered in the rear? At least I thought those had a centered one... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.