Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help the rear upper shock mount on my '85 CJ-7 has sheared. Does anyone know of a good fix or where I can get replacement parts? It is just the threaded pin that needs to be replaced. Thaks for any help.

'78 CJ7 304, rust, inspected!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds like a good time to do a U-bolt reversal. However, it will require that you weld on a shock mount bracket. Confer makes them. If you do regular off roading, you will be glad for the extra ground clearance.
If you don't want to go that route then you can go to a junk yard and get another plate. You can also get the parts from Savana Jones.

John......southern CA
84CJ7, 3"lift, 32"BFG, 4.10's, ARB Locker, Solid Axle's, Durabak

·
Registered
418 Posts
If only the treaded portion is gone, but the main post is still there..... well..... about a year ago I noticed the same problem with my CJ5. I used some soft copper wire to hold the shock on long enough to get home. I'll fix it right one of these days.....

-Dana

Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am refering to the end that mounts to the frame not the axle. I need a permenant fix for this.

'78 CJ7 304, rust, inspected!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
418 Posts
OK, if you can drill and/or grind out what's left of the old one, you can buy replacement posts for it, I looked at one..... but since my copper wire fix was still holding, I figured why spend the money? /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

-Dana

Mary had a little lamb. The doctor was very surprised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.