Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all you guys running a buggy leaf setup in the rear of a Sami. What did you do with the fuel filler tube?
Any photos of what you did would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Re: Rear Buggy leafs?

Try this website and go to the lift section, 3/4 elliptical: http://www.azrockcrawler.com/

87' Samurai/1.6 Tracker/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/Cross over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/Pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...

·
Registered
531 Posts

Yeah, I have rear-buggies. They really yeild me a lot more flex! I ran the filler tube thru the bed. Here's a pic. You have to cut the stock throat off the tank, and remount it on the top of it. MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL THE FUMES OUT BEFORE YOU DO ANY CHOPPING!! I recomend you use a 1.5" freeze plug to fill the old throat hole. It minimizes your welding on the tank and ensures a good seal. Plus they only cost about 2 bucks....Lemme know if you have anymore questions!

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, etc, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't have a good pic that shows the leafs maxed out. This one will do to show them opening up...But I have seen them opened up another 5-6" than what's showing in this pic...

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, etc, etc.

Attachments

G

·

HERE'S A GOOD PIC OF PILLARDS BELOVED FLEX..............MAN I SUR WANNA BE LIKE PERRY WHEN I GROW UP!!!

87 sammy project in the works. getting chevy luv motor/ato tranny this week. lots o mods coming soon. i'll pst pics on em.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Rear Buggy leafs -?? For Pillard

Pillard,

How much more flex do you think that you achieved from the rear buggy leaf setup?

Wayne

G

·

Looks like a nice set-up but way to much work for me!!!!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs

·
Registered
531 Posts

I have gotten 6" out of it so far. I would be getting a lot more, but my shocks are maxing out.

Pillard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts