Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the responses. As for the symptom they are as follows
I have a constant tapping/clicking sound that has continued to get worse. More than the normal noise for the engine. Last month it began getting worse. At RPM above 2000 up to 2500 the sound is almost unbearable in the jeep then smooths out if I let off the gas, but returns under any acceleration application. I have checked the lifters, and head for a possible valve/lifter problem. But they seem to be in good shape. I finally took it to a local man to get so help...He is an engine builder. He is gonna pull the pan down and look at the main bearings (where he feels the problem is) I am on an Army extended vacation for the next 3 weeks so that is where we stand today. I have no oil consumption problem, but have noticed that the oil pressure has dropped to a lower pressure level. (Still in the normal range for the engine, just somewhat lower than 2-3 months ago when my tapping/clicking sound began)...My real problem is that I live in Germany(The Army deal again) and that will present several unique problems all in its self....I am hoping to get a short block or maybe a complete motor...Any Ideas??????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is infact the main bearings and I must replace, does anybody out there lnow any performance Engine builders. I would like the V8 option but I fear the logistics of a V8 swap into my 91 wrangler would be very difficult and doubly expensive at best while I am in Germany. I have installed an NV 4500 as a transmission swap about a year ago. Has any body swapped a Chevy small block into a wrangler with an NV4500? Like to hear about the specifics. I was pretty happy with the 4.0L and would still be...Just hate to miss this chance if a V8 or maybe a V6 (4.3L Chevy would be a better /cheaper /or about the same cost? Sure seems to be more Performance parts and motor options with the small block options????????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.